Like every other person out there I sit here and ponder 2019 and all the opportunity that’s in front of me over the next 365 days. Family, diet, fitness, health and wealth and happiness. Maybe it’s a leap year and there’s 366. I think that is 2020. A whole extra day to synchronize. Cool. Wasn’t warren buffet that said that he could buy anything he wanted except for time. Ponder that for a moment.
As a business owner and leader, we all go through similar exercises as we strategize the coming year’s goals milestones targets and a whole pile of “gotta get it done”. Over the next days and weeks, I’m going to break out five or six areas that I have prioritized for 2019. I’m sure we all have goals that could be bundled or grouped according to our business or season, but commonality is well, common – and these are mine and I bet they are like (some) of yours. I’m going to walk you through each one and share thoughts conversations and examples. Keep in mind as I do this I’m using it as an exercise to work through them for my own benefit. I feel goals can be at times malleable and I’m willing to change and modify based on the landscape, but I try and set out with a clearly defined path and target. Some key things as I define the what and the how;
- Keeping focus on what you are good at
- Knowing the difference between the aspirational and realistic and tangible
- What can you do right now to move forward?
- Break it down
- Have the future in-mind as you plan each week
- Leverage the talent around you
- Don’t let the small things consume you – “focus”
- Know your value propositions – build your brand
- Communicate your value propositions
- Adopt initiatives that withstand and expand
So, go enjoy the last day of 2018. Be safe as you enjoy bringing in 2019! We will catch you on the flippity-flip.
Thanks to Brad Paisley for the quote. Very optimistic and unobstructed.